• Forums
  • QA
  • Does your lamp have daisy chain capability?

Does your lamp have daisy chain capability?

Sep 28, 2020 - 7:47 AM

• Hey guys,
    I've been looking into your product. If I purchase it, I will be doing it through Amazon. But quick question on 2 things. Does it have daisy chain capability? And is it available in both 120V and 240V?

• Hi there,

Both of our lamp models are compatible with both 120v and 240v but none of them have daisy-chaining as an option. There may not even be a need for daisy-chaining as long as you have a power strip in your tent.

What are the measurements of your grow area and how many lamps are you planning to use?

• I'm currently running 16 x 1000W DE HPS. I'd like to slowly transition to LEDs. However I'm not sure 16 of your Z5s might will supply the same amount of light. Without the daisy chain function, I'm still only limited to 16 x 240v power sockets

• We currently have two LED grow light models, the Z2 and Z5.
    Our larger model, the Z5, is designed to cover a 2x2'/60x60cm area with high intensity.
    While it would be possible to cover your area with our lamps, It wouldn't be the most optimal way to do it, as it would require a lot of lamps and wouldn't be very cost-effective.

We are designing a lamp that will cover a larger area, but it will take a couple more months before it is ready to hit the market. Our new lamp will draw around 350w and cover an area of 4x4'/120x120cm with high intensity. This lamp will also work with both 120V and 240V and would suit your needs a lot better.

Apologies for not being able to offer a better solution at this moment. If interested, I can save your email and contact you as soon as our larger lamp model will be available?

Best regards,

• Thank you for your in-depth reply. Please do let me know when the 350w indoor LED grow light model is available for purchase on Amazon. Do you know roughly how many amps and the suggested price? 350w upgraded from 112w eliminates the need to daisy chain, so that's a bonus.

I'm 2-3 months away from flowering, so the timing may be just right.

I veg under T5 fluorescent lights, so LED lights would solely be used for flower/bloom. As mentioned before, I flower with 16 x 1000w HPS DE. I also use LightRail light movers which allows me to lower the lights without constant over exposure/burn and to maximize the light's footprint. I setup 4 lights per LightRail light mover.

My plan is to run 14 HPS lights and 2 LED lights. If the yield is relatively comparable, then I will replace all my HPS with LED. I can sell my HPS lights to cover a pretty good portion of buying new LED lights. In addition, 12 month interest free financing through Amazon is a big help.

After sifting through the vast LED brands and setup types, LEDtonic made the final cut. Since I only have 16 x 240V power outlets, it probably isn't practical to replace 1000w HPS with your Z5. But with your 350w model I'll purchase between 2-16, with the possibility of 4 more to replace T5 lights for veg.
    If you have any suggestions/tips based on my setup, please let me know. Thank you.

• The amps should be around 1.5-1.6 per lamp at 240V. The price tag is currently estimated at $600, but we are still modifying the lamp, trying to bring the cost down. I will update you on final price and amps once it's available. $550 should not be impossible, and we should also be able to offer some kind of bulk discount.
    Are you located in the US? I'm asking because you said 240V outlets.

I made a quick search on google for Gavita 1000w HPS DE and ccording to Growershouse, they measured all lamps in a 3'x3' space.
    We have measured our lamp in both a 3'x3' space, as well as in a 4'x4' space, and at multiple heights.

Quick reply