• Forums
  • QA
  • Distance of light for my Cannabis plant?

Distance of light for my Cannabis plant?

Oct 8, 2020 - 2:16 AM

• What’s the recommended distance of the light for the cannabis stages?

• Hi there,

During the germinating/seedling-stage, we recommend around 100-300 PPFD. 200 PPFD is achieved with a distance of 30"(80cm).

After a couple of weeks, during the vegetative state, we recommend between 300-500 PPFD. This is achieved with a distance of between 20and 24(50-60cm).
    During flowering, transitioning from 300-600 PPFD, achieved between 17and 24 (42-60cm)

Desired intensity depends on what strain you are growing, what temperature and humidity you have in your indoor garden, ventilation, and circulation of air, as well as how much water and nutrients your plant is getting (to name a few). The recommendations are quite wide to include all of this and we recommend to start small and work your way up to greater intensities slowly.

If everything goes according to plan, you should be able to grow as close as 12"(30cm) from the lamp during the late stage of flowering. This results in 900 PPFD and is where cannabis starts to get more or less completely photosynthetically saturated with light and limited by CO2. Although, this process starts slowly at around 600 PPFD and increases gradually from there.

The best advice I have is to lower the lamp in small increments and listen to your plant.

You can find the product-specific information as well as the intensity maps of both lamps in the links below:

Z2 LED grow light: https://www.ledtonic.com/pages/z2-product-info
    Z5 LED grow light: https://www.ledtonic.com/pages/z5-product-info

Let me know if anything was unclear or if you have any other questions.
    I hope this helped.

Best regards,

• Sorry but is that chart with both veg and flower switches on?

• That is correct.
    VEG button only counts for 38% of the total light emitted from our Z5 LED grow light model.
    To find out the light intensity Z5 delivers with only blue button activated, multiply any number on the intensity map by 0.38.
    The Z2 grow light only has one button, so this only goes for the larger model, the Z5.

Hope this helped.

Quick reply