• Forums
  • QA
  • LED grow light for seedlings for 4x2

LED grow light for seedlings for 4x2

Feb 15, 2021 - 6:18 AM

• I am looking for a grow light to start my seeds indoors. The area to cover is about 48 inches by 24 inches. I would prefer full-spectrum light.

Thank you

• Are you growing in a grow tent or open space? What I'm trying to figure out is if you have any walls or surfaces surrounding your grow space as that will contain light and raise the average light intensity a fair bit.

We've just measured the light footprint of our new Q2 LED grow light in a couple of different spaces and areas.
    One Q2 covers an enclosed 24x24space perfectly and illuminates the whole area with around 150 PPFD at 18 distance. If you have some light-hungry plants, you can lower the lamp to 12" distance and put them in the middle, and they'll get up to 250 PPFD, while the corners and edges still get around 150 PPFD.

We've also measured the Q2 in an open room with no walls nearby and see that light intensity drops off quicker. Especially at the greatest distance.

The Q2 is available in 1-pack for $55 and 2-pack for $99.
    Two lamps cover a 24x48" enclosed space perfect for your seedlings. If your grow space is in the open and without walls, two Q2 lamps may still work but the light intensity will be less than ideal, and three Q2 lamps would be needed to reach the same light intensity.

Here is a direct link to the product page for the Q2:
    https://www.ledtonic.com/products/q2-led-grow-light

I hope this information helped. Please let me know if any of it was confusing or if you have any other questions.

2x2ft 1-1xQ2 group.png

2x2ftNW 1-1xQ2 group2.png

Quick reply